06/07/2010 by mcmakarolyn
Our students considered the development of new academy rules at the very first Manchester Creative and Media Academy student council conference.
The council, made up of pupils from both the boys’ and girls’ site, met up at the Bower Hotel to discuss ideas about the before and after effects of its six regulations.
Students took part in various exercises at the conference, including ice-breaking and brainstorming sessions, presentations and filming. Some even wrote poems to sum up what they had come up with.
The conference took place after various meetings about the finalisation of the rules, which the council came up with itself after consulting with Executive Principal of MC&MA MR Fishwick and the Principals of MC&MA Boys’ and Girls’, Mrs Phillips and Mrs Catterall.
New rules for a new school year
One way the rules will be advertised is through a DVD.
The students’ ideas will contribute towards a script for the production, which will then be distributed to parents, staff and community and the rest of the student body.
The rules will be implemented around the academy from September 2010.
Manchester Creative and Media Academy Rules
- Students and staff should treat people and the environment with respect
- Students and staff should be prepared and focussed for lessons
- Students and staff should be able to work in an environment that allows learning to take place
- Students and staff should not smoke on Academy premises
- Students should wear the correct uniform and staff should be dressed correctly
- Students should arrive to Academy lessons on time, and meet all deadlines
See below for more images of the day